Bravo Company of the 1st Reconnaissance Battalion of the U.S. Marines will employ Zero MMX electric dirt bikes in their next deployment to enable better maneuverability in dense terrains like jungles. These electric motorcycles provide a stealth advantage due to their quiet operation and low heat signature, enhancing the Recon Marines’ reconnaissance missions. The bikes can be delivered alongside troops by air and offer a simplified operation without the mechanical issues associated with gas bikes.
- Electric dirt bikes will be included in the Recon Marines’ equipment for improved access in challenging terrains where traditional vehicles may falter.
- The Zero MMX bikes offer tactical advantages in stealth and maintenance, being quieter and easier to maintain than gas-powered vehicles.
- These motorcycles have a range of 50 to 100 miles on a single charge and are user-friendly, lacking a clutch and reliably starting as long as the battery is charged.
- Recon Marines have undergone extensive testing with these electric bikes, which can be deployed by air with the troops, and are considering using them in conjunction with other military vehicles.
- MacGyver Solutions Inc, which supplies these bikes to the military, notes their ease of use and reduced risk of mechanical failure compared to traditional gas bikes.