Mykhailo Fedorov, Ukraine’s deputy prime minister, has been pivotal in adapting the country’s war effort using innovative and flexible approaches reminiscent of a startup. He has overseen the development of vital technologies, such as an air raid alert app, and has leveraged his connections in the tech industry to garner support and resources for Ukraine. His strategies have included raising funds through crypto donations, creating the United24 platform for global contributions, and encouraging major tech companies to limit their services in Russia.
- Fedorov has played a crucial role in Ukraine’s digital transformation and response to the war, including the development of an air raid alert app by a home security company, Ajax Systems.
- He has utilized his tech industry connections to cut Russia off from global services, writing to CEOs of companies like Google and Netflix to limit or cease their services in Russia.
- The United24 platform, initiated by Fedorov, has successfully raised substantial funds to support Ukraine’s war effort, engaging celebrities and the public worldwide.
- Fedorov’s approach has been to run parts of the Ukrainian government like a startup, focusing on digital solutions and direct communication with citizens through smartphones.
- His innovative strategies have been effective in maintaining global awareness of Ukraine’s situation and garnering international support, both financially and technologically.