Three major defense contracts have been announced. QinetiQ Inc. was awarded $84 million for testing and production of advanced bomb suits. BAE OSI Systems received an $11.3 million modification for process improvements at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant. Meanwhile, Gentex Corp. secured a $7.9 million modification for aircrew integrated helmet systems and components.
- QinetiQ Inc. clinched an $84 million contract to test and produce next-generation advanced bomb suits, with work completion anticipated by September 20, 2028.
- BAE OSI Systems was granted an $11.3 million modification to enhance processes at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, Tennessee, set to finish by September 30, 2024.
- Gentex Corp. was awarded approximately $7.9 million for HGU-56/P aircrew integrated helmet systems, with the project slated for completion by September 21, 2024.
- Army Contracting Command at both Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, and Rock Island Arsenal, Illinois are overseeing the respective contracting activities for QinetiQ and BAE OSI Systems.
- The Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is managing the contract for Gentex Corp.