The Mossad and Italian intelligence were collaborating on a mission to prevent Tehran from obtaining advanced weapons, which was exposed when the boat they were on capsized in Lake Maggiore, Italy, resulting in the deaths of four people, including a retired Mossad agent and two Italian intelligence personnel.
- Mossad and Italian intelligence were working together to stop Tehran from acquiring advanced weapons.
- The operation came to light when the boat carrying the agents sank, resulting in four fatalities.
- The collaboration between the two intelligence agencies was initiated due to reports of Russian oligarchs facilitating the transfer of Iranian-manufactured UAVs to Moscow.
- The agents disguised themselves as tourists and boarded a boat in Slovenia, which took them to Lake Maggiore’s Isole dei Pescatori.
- The retired Mossad agent, who was killed in the incident, was laid to rest in Ashkelon, Israel, in a funeral attended by many Mossad employees.
- The boat’s skipper is being investigated for negligent homicide, as the vessel was carrying more passengers than allowed.