Once an avid yoga practitioner and a reluctant runner, the author gradually found a passion for running and has since participated in numerous races. Through her experiences with running, especially in the picturesque Budapest locale of Gellert Hill, she learned important life lessons. These lessons expanded beyond physical achievements to encompass mental resilience, individuality, body awareness, versatility, and the value of the journey itself.
- The author, who previously found running challenging due to physical health conditions and lack of sports background, took up running in Sweden in 2012 and gradually built up her strength and endurance.
- Despite initial struggles and medical professionals’ advice against it, she persisted with running, finding that her body and lungs needed it.
- Over time, she has participated in numerous races and grown to love running, despite not being the fastest runner.
- The five significant life lessons through running: the power of determination, the importance of self-comparison over comparing oneself to others, the necessity of listening to one’s body, the need for balance between strength and flexibility, and the value of appreciating the journey as much as the destination.
- Although she still practices yoga, running has become a crucial part of her life, teaching her resilience, independence, and self-improvement.