Humane has introduced the AI Pin, an AI-powered wearable device designed to reduce smartphone dependency. Priced at $699 with a $24 monthly subscription, the AI Pin attaches to clothing and performs smartphone functions like calls, texts, and email management. It features a laser projector for UI interaction and runs on a Humane-branded version of T-Mobile’s network with OpenAI integration.
- Device Functionality: The AI Pin is designed to perform smartphone-like tasks hands-free, with features like making calls, sending texts, and controlling music.
- Hardware and Design: It’s a square device that magnetically clips to clothing, equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, camera, depth and motion sensors, and a “personic speaker.”
- Battery and Storage: The device includes two battery boosters for extended use and has 32GB of local storage.
- Pricing and Availability: It costs $699, plus a $24-per-month subscription, and preorders began on November 16th, 2023.
- Accuracy Concerns: Early demonstrations of the AI Pin have shown inaccuracies, such as providing wrong information about an eclipse and the protein content in almonds, raising questions about its reliability.