A newly released book by author and global trekker Colin Salter, “Remarkable Treks: Plan the Walking Trip of a Lifetime on the World’s Most Spectacular Trails,” showcases more than 50 of the world’s top hiking routes, providing a unique glimpse into different climates, terrains, altitudes, and cultures. Salter himself shares insights into five of his favorite trails, including the Laugavegur Trail in Iceland, Mount Roraima in Venezuela, Gokyo Lakes and Cho La in Nepal, the Pembrokeshire Coast Path in Wales, and the Pacific Crest Trail in the US and Canada.
- Colin Salter’s book, “Remarkable Treks,” features over 50 of the world’s best hiking routes, offering a mix of famous and lesser-known trails.
- The Laugavegur Trail in Iceland spans 55km and showcases a landscape created by fire and ice, taking 3-4 days to complete.
- Mount Roraima in Venezuela, a 64km trek lasting six days, offers a journey through unique ecosystems with rare plants and animals.
- The Gokyo Lakes and Cho La trek in Nepal takes hikers across 130km of landscapes, taking approximately 17 days, and includes Everest Base Camp.
- The Pembrokeshire Coast Path in Wales is a 186-mile trek over 12-15 days along the rugged Welsh coastline, offering numerous historical landmarks.
- The Pacific Crest Trail, spanning 2,653 miles and taking about five months, runs between Mexico and Canada, presenting hikers with diverse terrains from deserts to snowy mountains.