Summer in America is synonymous with grilling, offering a delightful combination of outdoor fun and savory flavors. While grilling is a favorite pastime, renowned chef Bill Briand offers valuable tips to elevate the grilling experience. Sharing insights from grilling different meats to mastering the technique, Briand emphasizes preparation, patience, and enjoying the grilling journey.
- Regular Grilling Practice: Chef Briand suggests grilling frequently to become more proficient. The Char-Broil TRU-Infrared cooking technology aids in producing consistent and delicious results.
- Diversify Your Grill: While meats with higher fat content, like ribs and rib-eye steaks, are popular, Briand also recommends grilling seafood such as mahi-mahi and snapper.
- Brining Technique: Brining, a salt-forward marinating technique, is a top recommendation for chicken and pork. This method ensures juicy, flavorful meat, with the optimal brining time being overnight.
- Flavorful Wood Chips: For a smoked flavor, Briand advises soaking wood chips in orange juice. The chips should be soaked for two hours and used in a smoker box for the best results.
- Grill Maintenance: Post grilling, it’s essential to clean the grill grates using a Char-Broil Cool-Clean brush. Coating the grates with cooking oil or lard can prevent rust and keep the grill in optimal condition.