BAE Systems Land & Armaments LP has been awarded a $63.9 million contract modification to produce and deliver M109A7 self-propelled howitzers and M992A3 carrier ammunition tracked vehicles. The work, to be completed by December 30, 2027, will be carried out in York, Pennsylvania. The contract is funded by the Army’s fiscal 2023 budget for weapons and tracked combat vehicles procurement.
- Contract Modification: BAE Systems received a modification to an existing contract, increasing the scope of work and funding.
- Production of Military Vehicles: The contract involves manufacturing M109A7 self-propelled howitzers and M992A3 carrier ammunition tracked vehicles.
- Completion Timeline: The project is estimated to be completed by the end of December 2027.
- Funding Sources: The contract is financed with fiscal 2023 Army funds specifically allocated for weapons and tracked combat vehicle procurement.
- Contracting Activity: The contract is overseen by the Army Contracting Command located in Detroit Arsenal, Michigan.