Job Description: SOFWERX is looking for two former warfighting personnel who’re looking for a challenging position in a small start up organization, flying the Flyboard Air; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQzLrvz4DKQ. Zapata Racing is the developer of the Flyboard Air, and they’re collaborating with SOFWERX to determine the viability and efficacy of the capability for SOF elements. The personnel being sought would be employed by Zapata Racing, which is a French company, with potential for follow on, long term employment based on performance and ability to master the vehicle. SOFWERX has been asked to help find the right personnel that best represent the SOF Operational force, so that the board can be tested to determine:
- It’s overall operational military utility
- Operator training baseline (timeline and best elements)
- Future improvement roadmaps and associated testing of those improvements
Initial testing for baseline capability is currently assessed as ~2 month effort, which will start as soon as the positions can be filled. Initial water training will take place in Florida for 1-2 weeks. The remaining training (~1.5 months) will take place in France at the developers facility. While follow on contracts and work cannot be guaranteed, it is assessed there may be opportunities for Zapata Racing, the Govt, or third party interest in continuing to use the technology in some capacity.
- 2 personnel wanted, each with minimum 5 years SOF Operational/Assaulter Experience
- Must be physically able to fly the board in its current configuration given a reasonable training time & regime
- Can be retired or separated, but must be held in good standing by peers (this will be checked)
- Associate’s minimum, Bachelor preferred
- Ability to communicate succinctly, present thoughts effectively, and represent the capability globally to hi ranking officials
Send resume to [email protected] (or someone at SOFWERX) with FLYBOARD AIR in email subject line. Please bulletize any relevant experience such as surfing, kite surfing, parafoil, ultra-lights, snowboarding, etc.