The mission of SOFX’s Isolation Factory (ISOFAC) is to support Special Operations and Intelligence Community members with state-of-the-art rapid prototyping, reverse engineering, and 3D Virtual Augmented Reality/Simulation capability. We possess an extraordinary array of advanced manufacturing tools and cutting edge software, along with a full-blown 3D virtual and augmented reality lab capable of working with you to develop advanced simulations for soon to arrive Oculus Rift. We also support a Bitcoin payment system, so in fact, we never even have to know who you are to get things made.
We have some of the most advanced and largest build size envelope 3D Printers Available In the World today.
Additive manufacturing is often referred to as “Rapid Prototyping” or “3D printing.” ISOFAC provides capabilities for SOFX community members to create new product prototypes in 24-48 hours from the time that drawings are approved for production.
ISOFAC machine tool capabilities include the largest 3D printing build platforms in the industry, with the shortest lead times, from an array of materials; durable plastic and metal parts and prototypes suitable for real-world testing and use; production-grade products using thermoplastics; and, products that simulate polypropylene or polycarbonate.
Specific 3D Printing & Reverse Engineering Capabilities Include:
- Direct Metals Laser Sintering (DMLS)
- 3D Systems ProX 300
- For builds that require us to print 3D parts in metals, such as titanium, aluminum, stainless steel, steel and nickel alloys
- Stereo Lithography (SLA)
- 3D Systems IPro 9000
- For builds that simulate the properties and appearance of polypropylene or polycarbonate
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS):
- 3D Systems HiQ Sinterstation
- 3D Systems Sinterstation Pro 230
- Strong, durable plastic and metal parts and prototypes suitable for real-world physical testing and use
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Stratasys Fortus 900mc
- Stratasys Connex 500
- For production-grade products using high-performance thermoplastics
- Ideal for designers/engineers who want to effectively demonstrate varying material components of either a single part or complex assembly
- Build with up to 14 different materials in a single job
- By far the best surface resolution available in the widest array of build material.
- Reverse Engineering (RA)
- FARO Laser Scan ARM, 7-Axis
- For reverse engineering & computer-aided inspection
- Allows us to scan and build a replacement for hard-to-source parts for which there may not be existing drawings
The ISOFAC Third Dimensional Center (3DC) is a set of expert programmers and software which provides custom 3D virtual/augmented reality simulation development and interactive content programming for:
- Target Site / Sensitive Site Process Planning and Engineering Visualization
- Mission Briefing Visualization applications
- New product concept and system development demonstrations
- Dynamic Training simulations prior to live-fire/live-flight
- New team member training
We can render custom scenarios and interactive “experience modules” that enable operators to walk through stunning virtual augmented reality worlds filled with conjured operational scripts and decision-action based branch sequences.
Finally, we possess a fully equipped CNC Machining center filled with state-of-the-art subtractive multi-axis and manual machine tools that can work with the entire frontier of materials to include composites and super alloys.
Specific Advanced Manufacturing – Machining Support Capabilities Include:
- Vertical Machining Center
- Haas VF4
- Tilting 2 axis trunnion rotary table
- 20 Station automatic tool changer
- Dual-Spindle CNC Lathe
- Haas DS 30SSY
- 24 Station BOT/VDI turret
- Twin spindle
- Live tooling with C axis
- 16”x23” max capacity
- Electrical Discharge Machining
- Fine Hole EDM
- Multiple Wire sizes