When Kevin Curry was growing up, he never had to think about cooking meals for himself. His parents were in charge of dinner. And at school, lunch was taken care of. As he got older, he realized, “Whoa. I have to feed myself. How do I do that?” he says. Curry, who is now the founder of FitMenCook, an online community with over 1.6 million followers on Instagram that shares healthy recipes for meal prep, says there are benefits to making your food in advance.
He shares some of his favorite meal-prepping hacks with Life Kit.
- Prep individual ingredients to mix and match throughout the week.
- Avoid foods that spoil quickly, like dairy products, fresh berries, and anything that might get soggy.
- Prep ingredients that you actually like.
- Think beyond brown rice.
- Consider making a “hero meal.”
- Figure out your reheat strategy.