According to Dr. Jeff Gladd, chief medical officer of Fullscript and a specialist in integrative medicine, historical evidence suggests that people first used pepper as a spice for cooking rather than as a medication.
Black pepper is a common ingredient in food all around the world. Black pepper may have eight possible health advantages; here are some suggestions for consuming it.
1. It might possess antioxidant qualities.
2. It could perhaps lessen inflammation
3. It might have a safeguarding impact on the brain
4. It might support blood sugar control
5. It could lower “bad” cholesterol
6. It can ease stomach problems
7. The body’s capacity to absorb nutrients may be improved by it
8. It may prevent the growth of cancer cells. Black pepper is safe to eat when used as a condiment.
Although Gladd warns that excessive consumption can have minor adverse effects like heartburn or stomach discomfort. Black pepper allergies are uncommon, they are nevertheless conceivable.