Tom Patterson and Steffanie Strathdee were in Egypt when Tom thought he came down with food poisoning. Back in the States however it was discovered that he had an abscess in his stomach almost the size of a football. The preliminary cause for that problem was a stone from his gallbladder stuck in his biliary duct. The infection was from Acinetobacter baumannii; what the doctors told Stephanie after the findings was “this is the worst infection on the planet. This is an infection that’s closed down hospitals in Germany.” Stephanie had to use her knowledge and resources as a scientist to find a new solution to cure her husband using Bacteriophage.