Staff Sgt. Matthew Charvat, his wife and two children alleged that San Diego Family Housing and Lincoln Military Property Management were negligent in addressing a number of problems in their residence in Gateway Village, including visible contamination, water damage, elevated levels of moisture inside the home, deteriorated and crumbling drywall, and defective appliances. These issues allegedly lead to illnesses and a lawsuit.
A number of military families in various communities around the country are raising concerns about the health conditions in their homes. This is the largest known verdict regarding mold in a military housing.