More than a year after signing a historic, 10-year, $580 million contract to provide all of the services their newest standard sidearm, Sig Sauer has another smaller but also quite interesting sale headed to the Army.
The Army Contracting Command issued a five-year contract to the company for a suite of weapons that includes up to:
- 100 SRD9 pistol silencers
- 100 MCX carbine 9-inch barrel
- 100 MCX carbine 11.5-inch barrel
- 500 SIG 716G2 rifles, 7.62 mm
- 1,000 MPX submachine gun 4.5 inch barrel
- 1,000 MPX submachine gun 8-inch barrel
- 5,000 Sig Sauer SP2022 pistol, each with three, 15-round magazine
When reached for comment, officials with Program Executive Office Soldier responded that the sale was part of the service’s Foreign Military Sales program and that they could not disclose further details about the destination of the firearms suite.