ALERT LINE
Officials: Group That Hit Brussels Planned 2nd France Attack | Military.com

Officials: Group That Hit Brussels Planned 2nd France Attack | Military.com

The extremists who struck Brussels last month and killed 32 people initially planned to launch a second assault on France in the wake of the November attacks in Paris, authorities said Sunday.

But the perpetrators were “surprised by the speed of the progress in the ongoing investigation” and decided to rush an attack on Brussels instead of going back to France, the Belgian federal prosecutor’s office said in a statement.

Source: Officials: Group That Hit Brussels Planned 2nd France Attack | Military.com